Eleven of the Asia Pacific’s most lauded, experimental and socially conscious practitioners will come together for a one-day symposium, to be held in Brisbane on Friday 24 March 2017 at the State Library of Queensland. This year’s event builds on the success of the inaugural event held in 2016.
The ArchitectureAP symposium, organized by Architecture Media and presented as part of the Asia Pacific Architecture Forum, brings together architects, designers and their clients and collaborators to explore the innovative thinking and transformative projects that are creating new world cities for the emerging Asian century.
The keynote speakers reflect the diversity of the countries, cities and people of the Asia Pacific. Their talks will address the way communities from across the region are responding to the demands of the future and the pivotal role that architecture plays.
The full list of speakers includes:
- Shigeru Ban, founding director of Shigeru Ban Architects (Japan)
- Ivan Harbour, partner of Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners (United Kingdom)
- Savinee Buranasilapin, co-founder of thingsmatter (Thailand)
- Tom Dannecker, co-founder of thingsmatter (Thailand)
- Stephen Collier, founder of Stephen Collier Architects (Australia)
- John Denton, co-founder and director of Denton Corker Marshall (Australia)
- Sangjoon Kwak, co-founder of OBBA (Korea)
- Sojung Lee, co-founder of OBBA (Korea)
- Wenhui Lim, founding director of Spark Architects (Singapore)
- Milinda Pathiraja, co-founder of Robust Architecture Workshop (Sri Lanka)
- Katherine Skipper, principal of Warren and Mahoney (New Zealand)
The two-week Asia Pacific Architecture Forum, will take place in Brisbane from 18 to 31 March 2017. The forum features exhibitions, installations, workshops and lectures.
Australian architects earn 5.5 formal CPD points for attending the ArchitectureAP Symposium. New Zealand architects accrue 60 NZRAB points for attending. To purchase tickets click here or see below.
The ArchitectureAP Symposium is supported by major partners VMZinc and Wood Solutions; supporting partners AWS, Brickworks, Dianna Snape Photography and Stormtech; venue partner State Library of Queensland; university partners The University of Queensland School of Architecture and Bond University Abedian School of Architecture; and accommodation partner The New Inchcolm Hotel and Suites. It is presented by Architecture Media and AGM Publishing, and is part of the Asia Pacific Architecture Forum.