BlueScope has launched an expanded range of colours for Colorbond Steel, along with new coating technologies for improved corrosion resistance and paint-colour durability.
The colour palette for new Colorbond steel has undergone its biggest change in more than twenty years, with the addition of six contemporary new colours. Combined with the reintroduction of a previous colour, Night Sky, and the retirement of five colours, the size of the palette has been increased from twenty to twenty-two colours.
The new colours
- Basalt – a deep neutral cool grey
- Wallaby – a mid-neutral cool grey with a warm tone
- Gully – a warm, neutral mid-grey/green
- Cove – a warm, mid-grey with a golden overtone
- Mangrove – a new direction in green, with an olive/grey/eucalypt tone
- Terrain – a rich, earthy, red/brown inspired by inland Australia
Leading colour expert Harley Anstee of Nexus Designs says the new colours were selected through wide consultation with building industry professionals, with the aim of providing specifiers with a new palette relevant to current and future needs.
“The colours were extensively researched across Australia and our process included seeking the opinions of more than 170 professionals … BlueScope made some bold colour choices and we are pleased that these were vindicated by preferences in the colour audit.”