Classroom to Campus is a three-day symposium at the University of Melbourne, 26–28 November 2012, on the heritage of educational buildings.
Core to the program are keynote lectures by leading conservation architects and authorities on modernism David Fixler and John Allen, plenary addresses by educationalist Fazal Rizvi and school heritage expert Elain Harwood. Discussions will revolve around:
- the cultural heritage of schools
- conservation and adaption of school and university buildings
- the designed landscape of twentieth century campuses
- identifying and documenting historically and architecturally significant places of education.
The symposium is co-hosted by the research project Designing Australian Schools and the Faculty of Architecture Building and Planning, with support from the Heritage Council of Victoria and Docomomo Australia.
Sidney Myer Asia Centre, University of Melbourne
$70 / $40 for students
Information and registration
- Sidney Myer Asia Centre, University of Melbourne
- 761 Swanston Street, Parkville, Melbourne, Vic, Australia