The Women in Design colloquium will bring together speakers who are interested in supporting the development and recognition of women working in design.
The event will run from 24 to 26 July 2015, and will incorporate panel discussions, keynote presentations, a cocktail function, in-conversation interviews, a long table dinner as well as a curated exhibtion at Design Tasmania in Launceston.
The two and a half day Launceston colloquium will take place at the heritage Design Tasmania complex, and will be held in conjunction with the Women in Design exhibition. The exhibition will feature work by product and furniture designer Helen Kontouris.
Speakers will include:
- Justine Clark, editor of architecture gender equity organization Parlour
- Tamara Winikoff, executive director of the National Association for the Visual Arts
- Simone LeAmon, artist, industrial designer, design curator and writer
- Jess Scully, festival director, media producer and curator
- Laura McCusker, furniture designer and maker
- Helen Kontouris, furniture designer
- Leah Heiss, health, science and technology designer
- Dr Pippa Dickson, chair of Design Tasmania
- Anita Dineen, designer
To learn more about the event or to book a ticket, click here.
- Design Tasmania
- Brisbane Street, Launceston, Tas, 7250, Australia